Wagenknecht in 2019
|Senator 22 from Prague 8|
|Assumed office |
13 October 2018
|Preceded by||Daniela Filipiová|
|Born|| (1978-09-24) 24 September 1978 (age 44)|
Pardubice, Czech Republic
|Political party||Czech Pirate Party (2019—present)|
|Alma mater||University of Pardubice|
Lukáš Wagenknecht (born 24 September 1978) is a Czech economist, auditor and politician serving as a Senator of the Czech Republic representing Prague 8 district since October 2018. He is a member of the Czech Pirate Party. Wagenknecht also co-founded the auditing organization and think tank Good Governance and was a contributor to Neovlivní.cz, a publisher of investigative journalism.
Lukáš Wagenknecht was born on 24 September 1978 in Pardubice, northern-central Czech Republic. He studied at the Faculty of Economics and Administration of the University of Pardubice from 1998 to 2003 and subsequently started his professional career as an internal auditor at the Ministry of the Interior, in 2003.
From February 2014 to June 2015, Wagenknecht served as the first Deputy Minister of Finance of the Czech Republic in the field of financial management and audit. In 2015, he received the Prize for Courage for whistleblowing from the Anticorruption Endowment foundation. Wagenknecht co-founded the auditing organization and think tank Good Governance and since January 2018, he is a contributor to Neovlivní.cz, a publisher of investigative journalism.
Wagenknecht was elected a Member of the Senate of the Czech Republic for the Czech Pirate Party in the 2018 election. In October 2019, Wagenknecht "launched legal action at the European Court of Justice after the European Council failed to respond to his concerns about the alleged conflict of interest" of the acting Prime Minister of the Czech Republic, Andrej Babiš. Wagenknecht also investigated the alleged subsidy fraud of Prime Minister Babiš.
- ^ "Nový stratég Pirátů: Problémem není jen Babiš, ale i Kellner a další korporace - Seznam Zprávy". www.seznamzpravy.cz. Retrieved 2020-01-12.
- ^ a b Lukáš Wagenknecht. Anticorruption Endowment. 9. 12. 2015.
- ^ The tangled affairs of the probable next Czech prime minister. Sep 21st 2017. The Economist.
- ^ Babiš prokazatelně lže. Čapí hnízdo je podle Evropské komise dotační podvod, tvrdí Wagenknecht (in Czech). Czech Radio. 19 January 2018.
- ^ neovlivní.cz buduje ekonomickou redakci, tým posílil Wagenknecht (in Czech). Neovlivní.cz. 17.1.2018
- ^ "Ivan Štern: Wagenknecht vyhrál senátní volby" (in Czech). Czech Radio. 2018-10-13. Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- ^ EU leaders face legal action over Czech PM's alleged conflict of interest. TheGuardian.com. Jennifer Rankin in Brussels. 31 Oct 2019.
- ^ Wagenknecht: Větší dotační podvod než čerpání dotací holdingem pana premiéra jsem v životě neviděl (in Czech). ČT24. 04.12.19.
- Media related to Lukáš Wagenknecht at Wikimedia Commons
- Lukáš Wagenknecht official website
- Lukáš Wagenknecht on Czech Pirate Party website
- Lukáš Wagenknecht on Neovlivní.cz
- Lukáš Wagenknecht (2018–2024)
- Ladislav Kos (2016–2022)
- Renata Chmelová (2016–2022)
- Libor Michálek (2012–2018)
- Zdeněk Hřib
- Petr Třešnák
- Young Pirates
- Pirátské listy
- π Institute